Dear Parents and Carers,
I previously wrote to you on 22nd May with regard to the date a decision on opening schools to more pupils would be made. This morning, the trust board of the Prince Albert Community Trust met to make this decision. As I am sure you can appreciate, there are many things to consider when trying to decide what is best for our children, staff and parents in this situation. In all my years of leading schools, this is by far the most difficult situation my team and I have faced and making the right decisions for our school community has been exceptionally challenging.
Our number one priority, has been and will remain, the safety of our pupils and staff. As a trust board, we have decided to open our schools to year 1 pupils on Monday 15th June. On Monday and Tuesday of that week, we will review all risk assessments and if it is safe to do so, we will open for year 6 pupils from Thursday 18th June. Again, we will review all risk assessments and if it is safe to do so, we will open for reception pupils on Tuesday 23rd June. We will also assess the situation carefully before deciding to open for other year groups. The decision on opening for further year groups will be made during the week beginning 22nd June.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the PACT trust board for their support and guidance during this difficult time. These are testing and unprecedented times and I would like to assure you that when all of our children are back at school, we will make sure that they catch up on the learning they have missed.